Climate-KIC and Innovate UK invite you to take part in a unique opportunity to meet the climate change adaptation community, compete for £20k to work with Glasgow City Council, and showcase your innovations.
While climate change poses considerable risks, with extreme weather events and creeping impacts, it also presents a huge opportunity for businesses to provide solutions to help companies, governments and people to adapt. These solutions are going to require collaboration and new ways of thinking.
The 3rd European Climate Change Adaptation Conference (ECCA) will be held in Glasgow from the 5-9th June 2017. Climate-KIC and Innovate UK have developed an exciting opportunity for businesses to access the fantastic research at the conference, and showcase their innovations to over 1000 delegates.
For the first time, the ECCA will be running a Business and Innovation programme alongside a packed schedule of climate change research panels.
- The Business Day (6th June 2017) will offer interactive sessions focused on business solutions for climate readiness and opportunities for businesses.
- The Innovation Day (7th June 2017) will create opportunities for business, from micro- to multi-nationals to join with researchers, students, and other groups in tackling the adaptation challenges of cities and local governments. Through an open innovation process and via a pitching stage, innovators will highlight how their cutting-edge solutions can tackle current and future adaptation needs.
- Do you have an innovation that can help Glasgow be more resilient to climate change impacts? Apply to take part in the Glasgow Resilience Innovation Challenge. More information is available in the attached Challenge brochure. Successful applicants will have their entrance to the conference subsidised.
- If you are interested in showcasing your innovation at one of the ‘Resilience Innovation Exchange’ events, please send a short written pitch to email@example.com.
- If you are an SME or community project and you would like to exhibit at the conference at a reduced rate, please also write to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your organisation.
- We are able to offer conference passes to micro- and SMEs at a heavily reduced rate:
o SME Day pass – £60 per person (access to the full conference)
o SME 3-day pass – £150 per person (access to the full conference)
Please register through this link: https://confpartners.eventsair.com/ecca-2017/sme-registration/Site/Register
We look forward to you joining us in Glasgow in June.
Here are further details of the challenges: GlasgowClimateResilienceInnovationChallenge
With kind regards,
ECCA Innovation Day team
Director UK and Ireland
|UK Climate-KIC Headquarters
21 Gt Winchester Street
EC2N 2JA / London
|T: +44 (0)20 3770 8025
M: +44 (0)7584 101377